This year in school I hope to learn how to capture better images more efficiently. I also am really looking forward to working in the darkroom, as it's been at least a decade since I last did. I hope to learn interesting techniques that I can apply to my own photography, and that will serve me well in a career in photography as well as for my own purposes.
My best photography related memory is from one of my trips to Denmark. It was the first year that the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen were open for the winter/Christmas holidays. It hadn't snowed up until that day, and the entire garden was blanketed in snow. For once there wasn't much of a crowd, and the photos I was able to take gave a real sense of the quiet, calm, but cozy feel that Tivoli had on that night. Which is quite a feat considering that the city never sleeps.
I love this picture, i love the way the sun is sparkling on the water. Your pictures inspire me to shot in black and white.
ReplyDeleteBeing calm, cozy, and blanketed in snow sounds pretty satisfying to me at the moment. That sounds like a wicked photo adventure.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for darkroom either, let the countdown begin.