It was a good holiday break, saw a fair number of people, family & friends. I managed to read a few books, and get a few minor things accomplished around the house. Although there are still way too many unpacked boxes laying about. Someday... someday!
One of the first shoots I did during my holidays was over at my Grandma's studio. She had finished working on the heads for a monument that is set to be up around the legislature here in Winnipeg, of the "Famous Five". So I went and took some photos of them for her. It was difficult lighting, I ended up doing long exposures & using natural light. I suppose I take for granted that my Grandma's an artist, and that I've grown up hanging out in her studio. But I am extremely proud that she is my Grandma, and am appreciative of her talent.
Helen Granger Young's Famous Five:
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Louise McKinney (plasticine)
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Nellie McClung (wax)
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Henrietta Edwards (plasticine)
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Irene Parlby (plasticine)
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Emily Murphy (plasticine)
I managed to take a lot of landscape photos over the holidays, but will only share a couple, as landscapes aren't everybody's thing. However, I am always in awe of the amazing scenes the Canadian prairies manage to create...
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
First frost
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Sunrise in frost
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Sunset...it was spectacular to see, such vivid purples & oranges.
While I was out one morning taking photos of the frost, my dog Kelsey managed to chase the neighbours cat 30ft up a tree:
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
He was up there for about an hour
This photo is from Christmas Eve, my family celebrates Christmas in the traditional Danish manner. This includes a wonderful pork roast meal, presents on the Eve, and the lighting of real candles on the tree. This was the first year my husband and I actually had a tree, so we had our respective parental units & my Grandma over for the evening.
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Christmas day we went to my Uncle Dale & Auntie Deb's for Christmas with my Mom's family. I couldn't resist bring along my digital camera and the new 50mm 1.4 lens I got for Christmas from Mike (the husband).
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
Grandma (Helen Granger Young)
![]() |
| From DT 13.2 - Non School Related |
my cousin (Lindsey Jonasson-Young)
I also took along my camera to a gathering of friends, but I used most of those photos for projects as they were great low light shots. All in all it's been a great winter break, but I am ready to gear up my brain for some more learning.












No comments:
Post a Comment